Monday, March 23, 2009

Auctioned Projects

Up until last year, the school where I teach had always done a silent auction as a fundraiser (last year we switched to a different fundraiser instead). I donated at least one item most years, including two quilted items.

This one was for the 2005-2006 school year's auction. I think I finished it reeeally close to the day of the auction. I saw a quilt someone else had done in this pattern and thought it looked cool, so I figured out how to do it for myself. I wanted to make it, but I didn't have any desire to keep it - auction! :) I don't know if the block has an official name, but I call this a "half log cabin" quilt.



Although I know the family that got the quilt loved it, I discovered that the school's auction isn't really a place where a quilt will draw a bid anywhere near its actual worth. So the following year, I went with a smaller project. This is a simple tote bag that I designed; I used the school's colors in the ones I made for the auction (I actually made two of them, though I only took one picture...they looked alike!).



I've made several other totes using different blocks. They work up pretty quickly, and I've given a few as gifts. The one below is my own, and it's the bag I use to take my Bible and notebook and anything else I need to church each week.



More to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment