Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Quilts

It's fun to go through pictures of my old projects! :)

The next quilt I finished was another baby quilt, this one a nine-patch for my friend K's son. They decorated his room with a baseball theme, and K chose the fabrics and pattern she wanted for the quilt.



For the quilting on this one, I did an X in each nine-patch block and a baseball in each solid block. You may need to click on the image below to see it bigger.



I finished that quilt in March 2006. It was machine pieced and hand quilted, and the blocks are 6" squares.

My friend K has since given birth to a second son, and his quilt is in progress. (He's 9 months old now...I got behind on my quilting because I just didn't feel like doing any of it while I was pregnant myself. Since my daughter was born in January, I've been quilting like crazy.) K again chose the fabrics, and we went with the same nine-patch pattern. This time I'm quilting sailboats instead of baseballs, though. Here's the completed top; I'm about 1/3 of the way through the quilting on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment