Saturday, March 21, 2009

National Quilting Day

I've decided to celebrate National Quilting Day by starting a quilt blog. :) Posts over the next several days will be about quilts I've made in the past, and I'll work up to what I'm working on currently.

A little about me and my quilting history to start off with, though: I'm Amanda, a 28-year-old teacher in a small Christian school, a new mom, and (what you care about if you're reading this) a quilter since 2003. I took a beginning patchwork class at my local quilt shop (The Quilting Patch) in the spring of 2003. I didn't finish that first quilt until two years later, but since then I haven't really stopped quilting. Here's a picture of my first quilt, completed in June 2005. It was machine pieced, hand appliqued, and hand quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment