Sunday, March 29, 2009

More Baby Quilts

Last post about long-ago-completed quilts, and then I'll be posting about current projects. :) All of these were baby quilts that I made for different friends.

This one was made using panels that were intended for a "fabric book." I hand quilted it, around each of the letters and objects, and then a squiggly line around the border. I completed it in July 2007, just a couple of weeks after the baby girl was born. It's about 40" x 40".



Next up, quilts I made for another friend's twin boys. The boys were born in June 2007, and their quilts were completed in September 2007. Here's a picture of both quilts:



She wanted the two quilts to be similar, but different, so what we decided was to use the same pattern and the same fabrics, but to switch the positions of the blues and the yellows. You can see some of the fabrics better in this close-up, which also shows the hand quilting I did (outlines in each block and stars in the sashing & border). Oh, and she's a math teacher, which is why we went the sampler route - she wanted a variety of shapes for the twins to look at and learn from. :)



This next one, I seem to have forgotten to take a picture of once it was actually finished. Oops. I do have a picture of the top, though. This was for a baby girl born in June 2008; quilt finished in September 2008. (Yeah, I have a tendency to get things done late...but babies don't notice, right?) Finished size 44" x 56", and even though you can't see it, I machine quilted it in the same style as I did my sister's wedding quilt (the last one in this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment