Saturday, March 28, 2009

A few more projects

Still recounting old projects, just to build up the content on my blog here. I should be finished posting these after this and one more post. :)

This next picture is just of a top, not a completed quilt, but I don't have any idea when I'll get around to quilting it. It was a BOM quilt that I did at my local quilt shop back in 2005-2006. I finished the top in October 2006. I learned a good bit while doing it, and it really helped me grow in my confidence in choosing colors and fabrics. One day I'll finish and enjoy the quilt!



The next one was for my friend A, and I didn't actually make the blocks. A's grandmother had made the blocks, using material from her own aprons and her daughters' dresses. She had never put the blocks together. A got the blocks from her mom and had me piece them together, add a border, and quilt it. It was a challenge for me, as it's a queen-sized quilt and I was doing it on my little machine, but I got that quilting done. :)



The last quilt for this post is one of my favorites. It was my wedding gift for my sister and her husband, who married in January 2007 (the quilt wasn't done until May 2007 though). My sister chose the pattern & fabrics, and the quilt is about 48" x 64".



Here's a close-up, so you can see the fabrics as well as the quilting, which I did by hand.



Coming tomorrow: some pictures of baby quilts, not including the one I just finished tonight. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your quilts are beautiful and they make me want to get back to my quilt tops that need to be finished.

    ReplyDelete